About

About

Our Team

Job vacancies...

For information on working at The Kilpeck Inn, please contact us.

A short history of the Kilpeck Inn

The Kilpeck Inn was originally a cottage built around 1650 from stones taken from the local Norman castle when it was broken down during the English Civil War. The recently restored remains of the castle are adjacent to the renowned 12th century Kilpeck church, described by Simon Jenkins as England’s most perfect Norman church, which is just 200 yards away from the Inn’s front door.

Kilpeck is famous for its beautiful Romanesque church which is just a few minutes’ walk from the inn. The Inn itself has held a central role in village life for over 250 years and after an extensive refurbishment project re-opened in 2010 as a perfect example of a contemporary country inn.

The Inn opened as a small village pub, known as the Red Lion, around 1750, and held an important role in village life for over 250 years. In 2005 it closed and following a vigorous ‘Save Our Pub’ campaign re-opened in May 2010 as The Kilpeck Inn after a major 18-month refurbishment project.

Amazing pub lovely atmosphere. The food, service and venue were all excellent. Highly recommend a visit.

Menus

About

Mackerel Starter
Panacotta Fruit Dessert
Pint of Guinness

JOIN OUR MAILING LIST

Get the latest news, offers and events